This statement is effective as of June 10, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in CARS Recon, Inc. and/or our website, CapAutoRecon.com. When we refer to CARS Recon within this Privacy Statement, we are referring to CARS Recon, Inc., d/b/a Capital Automotive Reconditioning Services. We respect the privacy of our users when they use our websites, mobile and other online applications and products and services at CapAutoRecon.com, trimperfect.co.uk, rattrapracing.com, and/or internationalvehicleservices.com (collectively, the “Sites”). By using the Sites, you consent to the use of your information and information about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree, please do not access the Service.
This Privacy Statement applies to information collected through the Sites and does not describe the collection, use and disclosure practices of any of our corporate affiliates, third parties or websites which can be reached through links found on our Sites. For information on the collection, use and disclosure practices of any company with whom you are doing business, whether or not affiliated with CARS Recon, Inc., please review their individual privacy policies.
CARS Recon, Inc. is a provider of services including, without limitation, detailing, mechanical inspections and repair, paint and/or body repair, sale-day arbitration, CR Inspections, lot operations and headlight restoration. These business-to-business services are generally provided to auction and vehicle remarketing services to buyers and sellers of vehicles at wholesale and to their duly authorized agents and representatives. As such, our Service is not intended for consumers. Services offered by the Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you should not provide any personal information to us on the Sites.
The Information We Collect
Information is gathered from the Sites by us, our service providers, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
Information You Provide
We may collect information that you choose to provide on the Sites in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- register for one of our products or services. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, company name, the last four digits of your social security number or other valid government-issued identification number, such as a driver's license, passport or military ID;
- make information available to us via social networking logins or affiliations, such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter;
- participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
- publishing information on the internet with the intent of sharing it, including profile pictures and general biographical information;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback;
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions; and
- send any other type of information to us.
Information regarding your use of the Sites may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means, including, without limitation, the various means described in the paragraph below entitled “Data Technologies.” This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used;
- date and time that you access the Sites and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
- email you open and links you click on within those emails; and
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
International Data Transfers
You expressly agree to the following policies regarding transfer of information between and amongst various countries in which we do business:
- information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy;
- information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Various technologies are used to automatically collect information, such as Cookies, Locally Shared Objects, Web Beacons and other anonymous advertising identifiers (generally referred to as “Data Technologies.”) “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. “Local shared objects,” sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various third-party websites to personalize your visit to our Sites. A “Web Beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies, whether or not the specific technologies are currently known or exist.
One or more Data Technologies may be used by us on the Sites and other of our websites and mobile applications (that may not be the Sites) or may be used by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their own privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications.
We may also use a uniquely generated trackable toll-free telephone number on the Sites or in advertisements. If you call one of these uniquely generated toll-free numbers, we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call (e.g. date, time, duration), as well as personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, the number from which your call originated).
We may target and track the videos you view on the Sites. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third-party social media for up to two years or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
We may collect physical location information through various geolocation tracking technologies that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device (“Location Information”). We only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after initial access to or downloading our Sites or mobile applications). We may use Location Information and provide it to third parties to provide you with content and services that are relevant to a particular location, such as advertising, search results, auctions or other related facilities in the area, and/or directions.
Publicly Posted Information
We may freely access, store and obtain information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality, as such information is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources
We may combine and aggregate information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of the Sites, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources, including without limitation Publicly Posted Information.
How We May Use the Information We Collect.
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, and providing customer support;
- to offer our other products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with the Sites and our users, dealers, and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
- to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within the Sites and on other websites and applications;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- to contact you via telephone, text or chat (in this case we will obtain your consent to contact you when and in the manner required by law).
Applications, Widgets and Social Media
Advertising that is customized based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices and mobile applications is sometimes called "online behavioral" or "interest-based" advertising. In some instances, we may partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of interest-based advertisements. They may utilize information collected through a variety of Data Technologies to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on the Sites and on third-party’s websites and mobile applications. This process allows the Sites and third parties to deliver targeted advertising, enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of such efforts. Our advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences and measuring the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies.
We do not provide information that is directly associated with a specific person (such as name and address) to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisement.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share information about you that we collect or receive, except as described below:
- Affiliates, Dealers, Franchisors and Manufacturers. Information collected, including personal information and Data Technologies, may be shared with affiliates, dealers, franchisors and manufacturers, and their agents and third-party service providers, who will use that information in accordance with their own privacy policies. Please visit https://www.capautorecon.com/links/for more information about our affiliates.
- Our Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide the services offered through or in connection with the Sites on our behalf. We require such providers to maintain information about you as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- Corporate and Asset Transactions. If we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a substantial part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
- Access to Databases. In addition to all of the disclosures described above, we may also allow others to search some of our databases and to analyze the data they find there or aggregate it with other data, either for their business purposes or ours.
- Other. We may access or disclose information, including personal information, to:
- Protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of CARS Recon, Inc. and our affiliates;
- Protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of the Sites or members of the public;
- Protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or
- Comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
Retention of Your Personal Information
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of certain personal information.
Without prejudice to the application of the GDRP, we will usually review and delete personal data as prescribed by the GDRP at midnight (Central Standard Time) of the last day of:
- the month in which we receive a written request to do so; or
- one (1) year following your deletion of your account
Notwithstanding anything in this section to the contrary, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you and what we do with your information, as follows:
You will always be given the option, in advance, to either (a) expressly agree to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or (b) opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that might impact your ability to register or receive a particular product or service.
If you do not want to receive marketing email from the Sites, you can follow the unsubscribe link provided in those emails. You may also instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for any type of marketing purposes and we will comply with such requests.
You have a number of choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or opting out at the website of the technology provider. If you choose to decline cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result. You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device. Finally, if you do not want to use a uniquely generated telephone number, you may choose to not call us.
If you do not want us to use Location Information, you can decline our initial invitation to provide that information or opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device. However, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result if you opt out.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you (or if you are a member of the European Economic Area, ask that the information be deleted from our system), provide that provision or deletion of such information will be subject to the following:
- the payment of a fee; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of either (a) your driver's license or (b) your passport (certified by a notary) plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
Notwithstanding anything in this section to the contrary, we may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information (e.g., the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India do not have an equivalent to the GDRP in the European Economic Area).
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents
As of the effective date of this Privacy Statement, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers, therefore we do not respond to them.
Access and Correction
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within the Sites, you can access that account to update the information you previously provided. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
If you choose to visit the Sites, your visit and any dispute regarding privacy is subject to this Privacy Statement and our Terms & Conditions, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Tennessee. To the extent possible, we disclaim applicability of any other jurisdiction’s laws and policies and you agree that your sole rights in this regard are enumerated herein.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Statement. We will provide you with additional notice of material changes by posting notice of the changes for thirty (30) days before we implement those changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like us to communication with use regarding information we have about you or your preferences regarding that information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.